Iran rapidly rebuilding military capabilities, drone production restarted: report
text_fieldsIran has rebuilt significant parts of its military infrastructure faster than expected following US-Israeli strikes and has already restarted drone production, according to a CNN report citing US intelligence assessments and officials.
The report said Iran resumed drone manufacturing after a truce brokered by Pakistan on April 8.
Around 50 per cent of Iran’s drone capabilities are believed to remain operational.
According to the report, Iran is repairing missile sites, replacing launch equipment, and restoring production lines for key weapons systems damaged during the conflict. US officials believe Tehran could fully restore its drone attack capabilities within six months.
A US official quoted by CNN said Iran had “exceeded all timelines” previously estimated by the American intelligence community for military recovery.
The report also suggested that recent intelligence findings challenge earlier claims about the long-term impact of US-Israeli strikes on Iran’s military capabilities.
US intelligence assessments reportedly indicate that Iran still retains substantial ballistic missile, drone, and air defence capacity. A previous CNN report had estimated that half of Iran’s missile launchers survived the strikes, while newer assessments now suggest nearly two-thirds remain functional after buried launchers were recovered.
The report said Iran’s rapid rebuilding has been aided by support from China and Russia, and because the strikes caused less damage than initially expected.
According to the report, China has assisted Iran with missile-related components despite restrictions caused by the US blockade. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told CBS that China provided “a certain amount of support” to Iran’s missile manufacturing efforts, though he did not provide details.
China rejected the allegation, with Foreign Ministry spokesperson Guo Jiakun saying the claim was “not based on facts”.
The developments come amid stalled negotiations between Washington and Tehran. US President Donald Trump recently said he had been “an hour away” from authorising fresh strikes on Iran before postponing the move.
Meanwhile, CENTCOM commander Brad Cooper told the House Armed Services Committee that US operations had destroyed 90 per cent of Iran’s defence industrial base, though intelligence assessments cited by CNN appeared to contradict that claim.



















