Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
proflie-avatar
Login
exit_to_app
DEEP READ
Ukraine
access_time 16 Aug 2023 5:46 AM
Putin
access_time 2 Jan 2025 8:06 AM
What is Christmas?
access_time 26 Dec 2024 5:49 AM
Munambam Waqf issue decoded
access_time 16 Nov 2024 5:18 PM
exit_to_app
Homechevron_rightIndiachevron_rightMukesh Ambani receives...

Mukesh Ambani receives Rs 20 cr extortion-cum-death threat via email

text_fields
bookmark_border
Mukesh Ambani receives Rs 20 cr extortion-cum-death threat via email
cancel

Mumbai: Reliance Industries Ltd Chairman Mukesh Ambani has received an extortion-cum-death threat via email, officials said here on Saturday. The email demanding Rs 20 crore threatens to shoot Ambani, 66, if he fails to pay the amount.

The Mumbai police have registered a case of extortion and criminal intimidation. Crime branch officials are also conducting a parallel probe.

The police said the email was sent to one of the company’s email IDs on Friday evening following which the matter was reported to the Gamdevi police station and a case was registered.

According to the police officials, in the email, the unidentified accused said, “If you don’t give us Rs 20 crore, we will kill you, we have the best shooters in India.”

The police said they have started scrutinising the details of the sender’s email ID. “We will try to identify the suspect through the IP address. We are on the right track and we will soon arrest the sender,” said an officer.

Earlier in the past few years, Ambani and his family have been threatened on multiple occasions and there were threats to blow up his iconic Antilla residence in south Mumbai.

With inputs from agencies



Show Full Article
TAGS:Mukesh AmbaniReliance IndustriesIndia NewsDeathThreat
Next Story