Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
proflie-avatar
Login
exit_to_app
exit_to_app
Homechevron_rightWorldchevron_rightHind Rajab Foundation...

Hind Rajab Foundation files complaint against Israeli soldier in India

text_fields
bookmark_border
Hind Rajab Foundation files complaint against Israeli soldier in India
cancel
camera_alt

Photo: Maktoob Media 

The Hind Rajab Foundation (HRF) said on Tuesday that it had filed a criminal complaint in India against an Israeli soldier currently visiting the country, alleging his involvement in the unlawful destruction of civilian homes and agricultural land in Gaza.

According to the organisation, the complaint relates to alleged destruction in Abasan al-Saghira in the Khan Younis Governorate between March and April 2024. HRF claimed that the soldier belonged to an Israeli military unit operating in the area and may have been involved in actions amounting to war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocide.

The foundation said it identified the soldier and traced his unit's presence in the area using photographs and social media posts allegedly documenting his deployment, along with satellite imagery and other open-source material, Maktoob Media reported.

HRF alleged that the large-scale demolition took place after Israeli forces had established operational control over the area and was not directly linked to active combat. It said its findings were consistent with investigations into the destruction of civilian property along Gaza's eastern perimeter.

The organisation argued that the destruction violated international humanitarian and criminal law, including provisions of the Fourth Geneva Convention, Additional Protocol I and the Rome Statute. It further alleged that the actions could constitute crimes against humanity and acts of genocide.

HRF Director-General Dyab Abou Jahjah said the organisation was seeking accountability for individuals allegedly involved in violations in Gaza and maintained that the complaint filed in India formed part of its broader legal campaign.

Natacha Bracq, HRF's head of litigation, said the foundation's investigation suggested that the destruction in Abasan al-Saghira was part of a deliberate campaign rather than merely a consequence of fighting.

The complaint comes amid widespread destruction across Gaza. HRF cited UN humanitarian assessments stating that 92% of housing units in the territory had been damaged or destroyed by October 2025.

According to the foundation, it has filed more than 100 criminal complaints across 30 jurisdictions since 2024 and submitted 19 communications to the International Criminal Court as part of its efforts to pursue accountability for alleged violations committed in Gaza.

Show Full Article
TAGS:IndiaIsraeli soldiersHind Rajab Foundation
Next Story