Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
Homechevron_rightKeralachevron_rightP. Jayarajan taken...

P. Jayarajan taken back to Kannur jail

P. Jayarajan taken back to Kannur jail

Kozhikode: CPI-M politician P. Jayarajan who is an accused in the murder of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) worker Kathiroor Manoj was discharged from Kozhikode Medical College Wednesday morning.

Jayarajan was taken to Kannur by road around 10 am, accompanied by a special police team from the A R Camp. Earlier a medical team from Kannur had examined the CPI-M leader before recommending his discharge from the hospital.

Jayarajan, who suffers from a heart ailment, had been convalescing at Kozhikode Medical College.

Meanwhile, the CBI team that secured a three-day custody of the Marxist leader will interrogate him in Kannur jail.

The Thalassery principal sessions court had on Tuesday allowed the CBI three days of custodial interrogation of Jayarajan.

The court had also asked the Kannur jail superintendent to make all arrangements for the CBI to interrogate Jayarajan for three days starting on Wednesday.

The Thalassery court had on February 12 sent Jayarajan to a month's judicial custody after he surrendered before the district sessions court.

Soon after his surrender he was taken to the Kannur jail. From there, owing to his ill-health, Jayarajan was first moved to a hospital near Kannur and from there to the Kozhikode Medical College hospital.

The CBI had been seeking since February 17 the court's direction to allow Jayarajan's custodial interrogation.

Jayarajan is former Kannur district secretary of the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M).

He was booked by the CBI for conspiracy under Section 18 of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA), in the murder of RSS worker Manoj.

The CBI had earlier claimed that Jayarajan, the 25th accused in the murder of Manoj, is the brain behind the killing.

Manoj, 42, a district functionary of RSS, was hacked to death at Kathiroor in Kannur district of Kerala on September 1, 2014, allegedly by a group of CPI-M workers.

Show Full Article
Next Story