Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
Homechevron_rightIndiachevron_rightTortured, gang-raped...

Tortured, gang-raped said women's rights officer; fabricated says UP police

Tortured, gang-raped said womens rights officer; fabricated says UP police

New Delhi: According to the police, the allegations of gang rape and torture of a Delhi woman in Ghaziabad were "cooked up" to put some persons in the wrong for a land dispute. Additionally, the woman allegedly bribed several friends to "publicise" the matter.

Yesterday, the Uttar Pradesh police detained three individuals. They are accused of aiding the woman in fabricating her kidnapping and assault.

Swati Maliwal, the head of the Delhi Commission for Women, claimed in a video clip that the 36-year-old was discovered wrapped in a jute bag with her hands and legs bound and an iron rod remaining inside of her. She added that the woman had been tormented for two days by her "kidnappers" and was now battling for her life.., NDTV reported.

Swati Maliwal had compared the situation to that of Nirbhaya, a 23-year-old paramedic who passed away in 2012 after suffering gang rape and iron rod torture on a moving bus.

These specifics were never confirmed by the police. But when they detained four of the five people the woman listed, they brought up a property dispute.

Doctors at the GTB hospital, where the woman was transferred, also refuted Ms Maliwal's claims that she had any internal injuries.

According to the police, their inquiries have shown that the woman spent the two days she was reported missing with her friends.

"She was with two of her friends for the two days - the duration for which she'd alleged she'd been kidnapped and raped by five men," said Praveen Kumar, UP's regional police chief, on Thursday.

One of her friends had turned off his phone at the exact location where she was discovered, close to Ashram Road, which connects Ghaziabad with Delhi, according to phone signals.

"We have recovered the car in which she went with her friends and stayed with them for two days," Mr Kumar claimed.

The woman stated that while waiting for a bus to Delhi after attending a birthday party in Ghaziabad, she was kidnapped at gunpoint. She claimed that her brother had dropped her off at the bus stop, where five men took her into a car and sexually assaulted her while they held her captive.

"The complaint was all a conspiracy hatched to file a rape case on the five men," the police officer said.

"Evidence has also been found that one of them gave money to a person through PayTM to give more publicity to the rape case," the officer added. That friend already has three criminal cases registered against him.

When she was discovered on Wednesday, she was originally brought to a Ghaziabad government hospital before being asked to transfer to Meerut. At both locations, she refused to have a medical checkup, according to the police.

According to the police, she insisted on being admitted to Delhi's GTB Hospital.

In light of the shocking turn in the case, Swati Maliwal has not yet responded.

Show Full Article
TAGS:Ghaziabad assaultgang-rape
Next Story